Saturday, March 3, 2012

Baby steps...

No, she's not walking yet. But I've made significant progress in several areas.
#1
I went for my massage today. My husband's been kindly reminding me, since Christmas, that I had a 1 hour massage waiting. He even offered to schedule the appointment for me. After many weekends, I finally succumbed to my hour of relaxation. It was divine.
#2
I've been pumping 5-6 oz at each workday pumping session, instead of the usual 4-5 oz. While it might seem like peanuts to some, every little bit helps. And helps me feel not so bad when I've had to pump and dump. Yes, I know. Challenging, but I know it's the right thing.
#3
Last night, I took my hubby to a birthday dinner. For weeks I was just planning on bringing baby girl along. Figured we go somewhere casual enough with delicious food.  After making 3 reservations, 2 for earlier so we could bring her, and one for later without her, I asked my co-workers for advice. They were unanimous in saying without. Mostly, I'm usually just being selfish because I go through withdrawal during the week. I didn't want to give her up on a Friday night. But, on a last minute whim, my sister offered to babysit, so I went for it. We dropped her off and went to dinner. And, I survived. You could even say I allowed myself to have a good time.

Other highlights of this week...
-Got to teach Zumba at an awesome downtown event!
-Shared a bathroom pumping session with a coworker.
-Went to a local baby store mommy appreciation night with a friend and chatted up some other moms.
-Got to see both of my friends' new babies and held them.
-Met my mom and baby girl for a lunch date during work on Wednesday. Special circumstances. Felt spoiled to see her in the middle of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment